Andrea Rodgers is a certified holistic health coach and personal trainer in Boulder, Colorado. Andrea started her company, Pura Vida Holistic Health Coaching, to help others heal their relationship with food and empower them to live a life free of restriction. Her training includes a BS in Exercise Health and Kinesiology, Certified in Holistic Health Coach (HHC) and Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS).
What do I do best?
I think what I do best is motivate and inspire people. As a personal trainer and holistic health coach, I want my clients and the people I surround myself with to feel alive and excited about living their life. Health and wellness has been my best avenue to help reach people. I wouldn’t be where I am without inspiration and people who have gone above and beyond to share their gifts. It is my mission to wake people up!!
What makes me the best version of myself?
When I am outside in nature, I am the best version of myself. There is something special and energetic about being close to Mother Nature that resets my body and mind. It allows me to see the bigger picture in my life and reminds me that the universe is greater any petty thing that can cause me stress.
What are my aspirations?
To let my artistic side show! My parents are both musicians and I grew up playing Violin. For some reason, I was always ashamed of my musical talent and I tried my hardest to be “normal”. It is ironic because that side of me is so full of life and passion. I would like to play my violin or sing in public with the bright lights some day.
Business wise, I am publishing my first book by the end of October!!
My Biggest Success?
This one happened recently, but I climbed one of the top 10 hardest mountains in the country last week. It was truly one of the most challenging things I have ever accomplished, mentally and physically. I measure my success in personal growth and happiness and I can say with confidence that I was SO happy to complete it. You learn the most about yourself when you are pushing your limits. I suggest doing them as often as possible!
My Most Challenging Moment?
Saying no to people. But I am getting better at it!
"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strength. When you decide to go through hardship and chose not to surrender, that is strength."
My Favorite People/Role Models?
This is going to sound cliché but my dad is one of my biggest role models. My dad came from somewhat of a broken family and through adversity, he managed to get into Julliard School of Music and follow his dreams to become a performing musician in New York City. Following your passion can sometimes feel like a complete failure when times get hard and you have $10.00 left to your name. But I believe that if you know what your soul is meant to do, everything will work out and you will succeed.
Secondly, one of my favorite people is Jerry Garcia from the Greatful Dead. When I discovered his music, there was a huge shift in my life. Jerry, although having many demons, lived a life of love and adventure. Everything that he did was to make people happy and for the music. Life is too short, listen to good music and have fun :)
My Favorite Places/Destinations?
1. Home. There is something special about going home to the place where I grew up. I get this warm, fuzzy feeling about all of the pictures I see in my room and the notes I used to write my friends in high school.
2. Costa Rica. I adore being by the ocean and it should be no surprise that I love Costa Rica considering my company’s name is Pura Vida Holistic Health Coaching. The people, sunsets, fresh food and ocean air make Costa Rica one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to.
3. New York City. Growing up outside of the city, I went there all the time as a kid. It was like a jungle of opportunity as soon as I stepped off the train.
I love to travel and believe that you learn important lessons from adventure.
My Favorite Products/Objects?
1. Apple Cider Vinegar is a life saving product. Gut health, digestion, hair, cleaning, you name it and ACV can help.
2. Coconut Oil. My only skin care product.
3. My skiis. I recently moved to Colorado and my fiancé taught me how to ski. LIFE CHANGING!
4. And of course, COFFEE.
My Current Passions?
1. Writing. I am completing my first book this year. It is about my journey about my unhealthy relationship with food, something that I have struggled with for most of my life. It feels like a weight is lifted off my shoulders every time I share part of my story on paper.
2. Hiking. Living in Colorado has made me an avid hiker. I have completed four 14’ ers and many amazing hikes. There is nothing like hiking for 18 miles and then enjoying a fresh craft beer.
3. Playing with my dogs. Zephyr and Lucy are two of the three loves of my life. They make me play and act like a little kid again.