Meryl Hawk overcame her own battles of being overweight, full-body chronic pain and not knowing what to do with her life after she ended her 16-year-long gymnastics career. Now, Meryl has taken all that she has learned and funneled it into her company, ZipZapFit, which exists to help women get the body and life they truly want, as well as live pain free. Meryl has helped thousands of women transcend their fitness, nutrition, personal and life goals and sustain their achievements. Meryl will help you achieve more than you thought possible - so much more!
What do I do best?
I inspire you to take control of your life so that you can achieve what YOU ACTUALLY WANT to achieve in the gym and in your life. I require you to take responsibility for your actions and make it happen for yourself. Someone recently told me that I’m like a “good nightmare.” I think that’s probably true. I require you to do the hard stuff that you aren’t able to do on your own or don’t know how to do on your own. I push you where you need to go in a sweet, tough and exhilarating way.
I also help you realize what you’re actually capable of. I make it mandatory for you to take responsibility for what you do. I put you in control. I give you the power. I show you what you can actually do. Once you realize you can transform your body in the gym and achieve much higher goals than you initially set for yourself, you realize that you also have the ability to recreate your life into anything you want it to be. First, I help you reach your pinnacle in the gym and stay there, then I help you reach the pinnacle in your life and stay there. What’s the point if you can achieve an extremely high level of fitness and everything you want in life but not actually sustain it? There is not point. I am all about SUSTAINABILITY. I show you how to sustain “the pinnacle” and sometimes even push past it - in the gym and in life. I want you to have a hot and healthy body and a great life, because both are essential for lifelong happiness.
What makes me the best version of myself?
I’m rebellious - I do what I want as long as I’m remaining ethical, sticking to my morals and not breaking any laws. There are so many people that try to hold you back, but when you are rebellious, you don’t let that happen.
This quality is the reason I have succeeded, because it naturally creates more opportunities. When I create an opportunity for myself, I make sure to take it and put my all into it. I really go for it. Because of my rebellious nature, I have single-handedly grown my business to a point that no one thought I could (and I keep growing - I’m thankful), developed an extremely unique niche and pushed past all of the naysayers.
What are my aspirations?
1. Keep learning and growing daily so that I can provide the best service possible for my clients, community and audience. I’m an avid learner and absolutely love to learn.
2. Buy my parents a home in LA so I can see them more. I live in LA, and they live in Texas. I love my parents.
3. Take more vacations - I work a lot, but I love my work! But I know I need to take more time for myself.
1. Market the new online branch of ZipZapFit: www.zipzapfitforever.com to the point where it is recognized worldwide. www.zipzapfitforever.com was created to help busy, budget-conscious women get the body and life they desire.
2. Develop my presence as a speaker on Women’s Fitness, Nutrition, Health, Personal Development and Life Strategy in the Greater Los Angeles area. More information at: https://www.zipzapfit.com/speaking/
3. Grow the reach and monthly downloads of the ZipZapFit Podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/zipzapfit/id1119913192?mt=2
4. Have my own Women’s Health & Fitness Talk-Show. It will be a cross between The Dr. Oz Show and The View.
5. Grow my social media presence on all of the platforms below, although primarily on instagram at this point in time:
My Biggest Success?
My transition as a 24 Hour Fitness Personal Trainer to founding and owning my own company, ZipZapFit.
The ZipZapFit www.zipzapfit.com mission is to skyrocket the quality of each woman's life to the highest level possible with our Award-winning Program that combines Women's In-Home Personal Training, Personalized Nutrition and Life Strategy Coaching. We also offer Health & Fitness and Motivational Speaking for all event types, worldwide.
My Most Challenging Moment?
When I decided to market my business to women only. I knew I could be cutting off the male audience and that was a huge risk, because guys like training with me, but it didn’t hurt my business at all. Actually, my business grew exponentially because of it. I still train men, but my passion lies with helping women get fit and hot and create the life they’ve always wanted.
I have two:
1. Do what you want to do, not what anyone else wants you to do.
2. Please no one but yourself.
My Favorite People/Role Models?
Personal: Nicki Minaj
Business: Chalene Johnson and Kayla Itsines
My Favorite Places/Destinations?
I love Austin, Texas and Martinique!
My Favorite Products/Objects?
My favorite products? There are so many! Here are my 5 top favorite products:
1. RumbleRoller Foam Roller
3. Stability Ball/Fitness Ball
4. Resistance Bands (all kinds)
5. Stability Ball Chair
6. Brooks Running Shoes
7. Lorna Jane Activewear
8. Alkaline Water Purifier
9. Infrared Sauna
10. Ear Plugs (for more restful sleep)
My Current Passions?
1. Book Writing and Publishing
2. Reading (audiobooks)